According to comScore, in 2011 social networking sites reach 82% of the world’s online user population.
What’s in this blog
Discover the sizzle in science. It's not that stuff that's always for the smart kids. It's the need to know. The passion for understanding. The absolute belief that for every problem, there is a solution. The creative mind seeking truth in a world of mystery. The quest for the Holy Grail.
Read Sizzling Science on Kindle
- 16 Tips in the Science of Walking Silently
- Homo habilis vs. Homo erectus
- Great Quotes by Scientists and Other Intelligent People
- Early Man's Tool Use
- Great Quotes About the Evolution of Man
- Book Review: The Origin of Humankind
- Why Are People Right-handed?
- How Does Evolution Explain a See-through Frog?
- Great Quotes About Man, His Evolution and His History
Books I’m Reading
- Meeting Prehistoric Man October 4, 2014author: GHR von Koenigswald name: Jacqui average rating: 5.00 book published: 1492 rating: 5 read at: 2014/10/04 date added: 2014/10/04 shelves: early-man review: Meeting Prehistoric Man by GHR Von Koenigswald is a journey throughout the world in discovery of early man as paleoanthropologists understood him during VonKoenigswald's time, circa 1950' […]GHR von Koenigswald
- Letters from the Field, 1925-1975 September 13, 2014author: Margaret Mead name: Jacqui average rating: 4.15 book published: 1977 rating: 5 read at: 2014/09/13 date added: 2014/09/13 shelves: early-man review: If you didn't read my last week's post, you may wonder why I am so excited about Margaret Mead's eye-opening book, Letters From the Field. Even if you read me last week, you may wonder--I […]Margaret Mead
- The Unfolding of Language: An Evolutionary Tour of Mankind's Greatest Invention January 12, 2014author: Guy Deutscher name: Jacqui average rating: 4.16 book published: 2006 rating: 3 read at: date added: 2014/01/12 shelves: early-man, research review: Dr. Deutscher has done a scholarly, thorough discussion on the roots of language, but I believe he started too late in time. I'm of the persuasion that language involves more than the spoken word. I […]Guy Deutscher
- She Who remembers November 3, 2013author: Linda Lay Shuler name: Jacqui average rating: 4.12 book published: 1988 rating: 4 read at: date added: 2013/11/03 shelves: early-man review: […]Linda Lay Shuler
- The Runaway Brain: The Evolution of Human Uniqueness July 25, 2011author: Christopher Wills name: Jacqui average rating: 4.13 book published: 1993 rating: 5 read at: date added: 2011/07/24 shelves: science, early-man review: In my lifelong effort to understand what makes us human, I long ago arrived at the lynchpin to that discussion: our brain. Even though bipedalism preceded big brains, and we couldn't be who we are […]Christopher Wills
- The Origin Of Humankind July 25, 2011author: Richard E. Leakey name: Jacqui average rating: 3.95 book published: 1981 rating: 5 read at: date added: 2011/07/24 shelves: early-man, history review: If you're interested in man's roots, there are several authors you must read: Birute Galdikas Dian Fosse Donald Johanson GHR Von Koenigsman Glen Isaacs Jared Diamond Ian Tattersell Lev Vygots […]Richard E. Leakey
- Lucy: The Beginnings of Humankind July 24, 2011author: Donald C. Johanson name: Jacqui average rating: 4.08 book published: 1981 rating: 5 read at: date added: 2011/07/24 shelves: early-man, science review: I read this book when I was writing a paleo-historic drama of the life of earliest man. My characters were Homo habilines, but they cohabited Africa with Australopithecines, so to understand the co-st […]Donald C. Johanson
- Through a Window: My Thirty Years with the Chimpanzees of Gombe July 24, 2011author: Jane Goodall name: Jacqui average rating: 4.26 book published: 1990 rating: 5 read at: date added: 2011/07/24 shelves: early-man, science review: I have read every book that Jane Goodall wrote. She has an easy-going writing style that shares scientific principals easily with the layman. Probably because when she started, she was little more than a no […]Jane Goodall
- In the Shadow of Man July 24, 2011author: Jane Goodall name: Jacqui average rating: 4.31 book published: 1971 rating: 5 read at: date added: 2011/07/23 shelves: early-man, science review: I read Jane Goodall's In the Shadow of Man (Houghton Mifflin 1971) years ago as research for a paleo-historic novel I was writing. I needed background on the great apes so I could show them acting appr […]Jane Goodall
- Timewalkers: The Prehistory of Global Colonization January 29, 2011author: Clive Gamble name: Jacqui average rating: 3.36 book published: 1993 rating: 4 read at: 2010/02/07 date added: 2011/01/28 shelves: early-man review: It's a difficult question. Why did earliest man leave Africa and migrate to new areas. Mostly, animals evolve suited to their environment and they don't stray far. They may have several areas th […]Clive Gamble
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.