If not man, what is causing CO2 to rise, raining disaster and doom on our modern world? It’s convenient to blame the Western World. Muslims hate us for our self-indulgent, wasteful attitudes. We hate ourselves for that.
But the goal here is to solve a problem, not lay blame, so it’s important to discover the true cause and then determine the fix. Since less than 2% of the CO2 in the atmosphere is produced by man and industry, here are other causes of the rise in CO2 in the atmosphere:
- Earth’s rising temperature causes CO2 levels to rise in the air
- CO2 occurs naturally, primarily from volcanoes and plant respiration
- Insects produce more CO2 than industry could ever dream of.
- The sun. Like all naturally occurring fires, our Sun burns hotter at times. Solar scientists (and common sense) indicate that affects global temperatures. The Russian Space Agency has been monitoring the temperatures on other planets for the past 25 years. Every one of those monitored has experienced a temperature increase and decrease concurrent to the Earth.
- human activity from methane (from crops and livestock)
So what do we know about Mother Earth and her temperature:
- As CO2 levels rise, plants will grow larger, absorb more CO2, driving levels back down again
- the earth is constantly going though periods of warming and cooling. Currently, we are in an Ice Age–albeit a warming period before it gets colder. CO2 might be keeping us away from the freezing temps historically experienced
- 1400-1890 CE is known as the Little Ice Age. During this time the average global temperature dropped drastically. Since then, it’s increased. Is that really ‘global warming’?
Scientists are rabid on both sides of this debate.
For more on this topic read:
- Global Warming: Nature vs. Nurture
- Global Wa– er, Coo– er, Which is it?
- Is Belief in Global Warming Cooling?
- Anyone Who Still Believes in Global Warming, State Your Case
- Climategate: The 21st Century Piltdown Hoax
- Science Takes Another Hit