It’s simple: Read about it. Science is more fascinating than fiction or fantasy games or cartoons. Here are five articles in the last Scientific American:
- Chess. Back in 1859, chess was considered bad for people because it was physical exercise. Imagine that! Do your kids love chess?
- The first night game in baseball. 1909–log before the first Major League Baseball played at night.
- the legalities of virtual reality. Can you sue an avatar?
- Ever hear of Deep Blue? The IBM computer that beat the chess champ? Now they have Watson, programmed to beat us at Jeopardy. (He sounds like Otto–accesses vast amounts of data instantaneously.)
- Why don’t people have eyes in the back of their head.