Thirty percent (30%) of homeowners say the value of their home is less than what they still own on their mortgage. That’s the lowest level measured since August but consistent with findings since April 2009.
What’s in this blog
Discover the sizzle in science. It's not that stuff that's always for the smart kids. It's the need to know. The passion for understanding. The absolute belief that for every problem, there is a solution. The creative mind seeking truth in a world of mystery. The quest for the Holy Grail.
Read Sizzling Science on Kindle
- Fastest Wind on Earth: 253 MPH
- 16 Tips in the Science of Walking Silently
- Homo habilis vs. Homo erectus
- Great Quotes by Scientists and Other Intelligent People
- Book Review: The Worlds of a Maasai Warrior
- How Star Trek Changed the World
- Sunday Statistics: Is Torture Justified
- Twelve Evolutionary Leftovers Man Can Do Without
- Great Quotes About the Evolution of Man
- Did Environmental Change Cause Human Evolution?
Books I’m Reading
- The Runaway Brain: The Evolution of Human Uniqueness July 25, 2011author: Christopher Wills name: Jacqui average rating: 4.08 book published: 1993 rating: 5 read at: date added: 2011/07/24 shelves: science, early-man review: In my lifelong effort to understand what makes us human, I long ago arrived at the lynchpin to that discussion: our brain. Even though bipedalism preceded big brains, and we couldn't be who we are […]Christopher Wills
- The Origin Of Humankind July 25, 2011author: Richard E. Leakey name: Jacqui average rating: 3.86 book published: 1994 rating: 5 read at: date added: 2011/07/24 shelves: early-man, history review: If you're interested in man's roots, there are several authors you must read: Birute Galdikas Dian Fosse Donald Johanson GHR Von Koenigsman Glen Isaacs Jared Diamond Ian Tattersell Lev Vygots […]Richard E. Leakey
- Lucy: The Beginnings of Humankind July 24, 2011author: Donald C. Johanson name: Jacqui average rating: 4.07 book published: 1983 rating: 5 read at: date added: 2011/07/24 shelves: early-man, science review: I read this book when I was writing a paleo-historic drama of the life of earliest man. My characters were Homo habilines, but they cohabited Africa with Australopithecines, so to understand the co-st […]Donald C. Johanson
- Through a Window: My Thirty Years with the Chimpanzees of Gombe July 24, 2011author: Jane Goodall name: Jacqui average rating: 4.24 book published: 1990 rating: 5 read at: date added: 2011/07/24 shelves: early-man, science review: I have read every book that Jane Goodall wrote. She has an easy-going writing style that shares scientific principals easily with the layman. Probably because when she started, she was little more than a no […]Jane Goodall
- In the Shadow of Man July 24, 2011author: Jane Goodall name: Jacqui average rating: 4.33 book published: 1971 rating: 5 read at: date added: 2011/07/23 shelves: early-man, science review: I read Jane Goodall's In the Shadow of Man (Houghton Mifflin 1971) years ago as research for a paleo-historic novel I was writing. I needed background on the great apes so I could show them acting appr […]Jane Goodall
- Timewalkers: The Prehistory of Global Colonization January 29, 2011author: Clive Gamble name: Jacqui average rating: 3.71 book published: 1994 rating: 4 read at: 2010/02/07 date added: 2011/01/28 shelves: early-man review: It's a difficult question. Why did earliest man leave Africa and migrate to new areas. Mostly, animals evolve suited to their environment and they don't stray far. They may have several areas th […]Clive Gamble
- Gorillas in the Mist January 26, 2011author: Dian Fossey name: Jacqui average rating: 4.14 book published: 1983 rating: 5 read at: date added: 2011/01/25 shelves: early-man review: […]Dian Fossey
- The Singing Neanderthals: The Origins of Music, Language, Mind, and Body January 26, 2011author: Steven Mithen name: Jacqui average rating: 3.80 book published: 2005 rating: 4 read at: 2009/07/28 date added: 2011/01/25 shelves: early-man, reference, research, science review: I have avoided this book in the past because my personal interest extends to an earlier time than Neanderthals, but I shouldn't have. The title is misleading in that he […]Steven Mithen
- The Evolution Of Homo Erectus: Comparative Anatomical Studies Of An Extinct Human Species January 18, 2011author: G. Philip Rightmire name: Jacqui average rating: 4.00 book published: 1990 rating: 4 read at: date added: 2011/01/18 shelves: early-man review: Evolution of Homo erectus by G. Philip Rightmire is a scholarly discussion of Homo Erectus' evolution through time, across the planet, through his diverse global locations--China, Africa, Indonesia, Spai […]G. Philip Rightmire
- Bunyoro: An African Kingdom October 30, 2010author: John Beattie name: Jacqui average rating: 3.20 book published: 1960 rating: 4 read at: date added: 2010/10/29 shelves: africa, early-man, science review: Man's path from paleo-history is a fascinating study. Since our records of that era is confined to rocks and natural artifacts, those like me who want to understand what man was like in that ti […]John Beattie
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.